Going to Court

While every endeavour will be made throughout your matter to settle without recourse to the Court (including attending mediation and round table conferences), in the event that negotiations between parties fail, going to Court may be a necessity to have the matter resolved on a final basis.

This can include the drafting and filing of an application (or urgent application in certain circumstances) with the Court to ask for interim or final orders in respect of property and/or children's matters or responding to an application which has been filed with the Court by your spouse.   It is important to remember that there are strict time frames in which you must file documents in response to an application filed with the Court and Affinity Family Lawyers can assist you with complying with these requirements.

Once the matter is before the Court, the Court will make orders to progress the matter (which can include obtaining valuations of assets for property matters or obtaining a family report for children's matters) and there will be numerous court hearings which you will be required to attend.

Affinity Family Lawyers have extensive experience in this area and are well placed to draft Court documents on your behalf, guide you through the Court process, and be there with you every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected.

If you have been served with Court documents filed by your spouse, or you are having difficulty finalising a family law matter, then please contact one of our experienced Family Lawyers today on 5563 8970 to arrange your initial consultation, which is free of charge.

Sign up to THE VIBE

For all your legal news